Project Grants to Media Arts Organizations, Groups and Collectives
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, including people with disabilities.
1 November and 15 May
If one of the deadlines falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed information.
Application Form requires Adobe Reader 9.0 or greater
Upgrade Adobe Reader to the latest version.
The Project Grants to Media Arts Organizations, Groups and Collectives program offers one-time, non-recurring grants to Canadian organizations, groups and collectives that show a commitment to research and development or the creation, presentation, dissemination, distribution or acquisition of Canadian independent media artworks. The purpose of this program is to strengthen organizations throughout Canada to ensure the conditions necessary for the vitality and advancement of independent media arts in Canada. The grants are awarded to support the organizations, groups and collectives in carrying out activities of a limited duration.
To be eligible to apply for this grant, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be incorporated or constituted as a non-profit cooperative under federal or provincial legislation for non-profit corporations or be a non-profit group or collective composed of at least three members working in the arts as artists or professionals
- as part of its mandate, support the practice of Canadian independent media arts
- demonstrate a sustained commitment to research and development or the creation, presentation, dissemination, distribution or acquisition of Canadian independent media arts
- have an administrative structure or a management system suited to the nature of its activities, and
- demonstrate sound financial management.
Amount of Grant
The maximum amount that may be awarded under this program during a fiscal year (1 April to 31 March) cannot exceed $35,000, whether awarded in full in one competition or as the result of two applications submitted to consecutive competitions.
Media Arts Section
Canada Council for the Arts
350 Albert Street, P.O. Box 1047
Ottawa ON K1P 5V8
1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 5252
TTY : 1-866-585-5559